Every year, the Jutland Art Academy receives a number of exchange students from art academies in Denmark or abroad for one or two semesters. As an exchange student with us, you will be assigned your own studio space and be admitted to one of the academy’s critique classes, where students offer each other feedback and critique. In addition, the academy offers a number of optional courses and workshops, of which some will be held in English and some in Danish. We find that exchange students quickly become part of the overall study environment at the academy.
The autumn semester runs from September to the end of January, while the spring semester runs from February to the end of June.
The admission process for exchange students is carried out twice a year. The application deadlines are:
Spring semester: October 15.
Autumn semester: April 15.
Requirements for exchange students:
- You must be able to read, write and speak English or any one of the scandinavian languages (most of the teaching is conducted in Scandinavian)
- You must be enrolled in a higher education degree programme on fine art
- At the start of your time with us, you must have completed at least the first year of your current study programme
- Your current institution has – or is willing to enter into – a bilateral agreement with the Jutland Art Academy. The agreement does not have to be in place when you apply, but it must place before you begin your studies at the Jutland Art Academy.
Applying to be an exchange student with us
You submit your application via an online portal. You must create a user profile to apply. Please note that the details used in this profile is included in your application, so it is important that you provide correct data.
The application must contain:
- A written personal statement (in English or a Scandinavian language), explaining why you wish to study at the Jutland Art Academy
- A nomination from your art academy or university
- A portfolio featuring works from the last year(s)
- You have the option to upload two additional media files
Applications are assessed by the faculty at the Jutland Art Academy. If you have any questions regarding exchange, please contact our study administrator Susanne Brokmann via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Networks and collaborations
The Jutland Art Academy is part of KUNO, a Nordic-Baltic network of art academies. The Academy is also part of the Erasmus+ Charter. Download Erasmus Charter
In addition to this, the Jutland Art Academy has entered into exchange agreements with institutions outside the European area.