Every year, the Jutland Art Academy receives a number of exchange students from art academies in Denmark or abroad for one or two semesters. As an exchange student with us, you will be assigned your own studio space and be admitted to one of the academy’s critique classes, where students offer each other feedback and critique. In addition, the academy offers a number of optional courses and workshops, of which some will be held in English and some in Danish. We find that exchange students quickly become part of the overall study environment at the academy.
The autumn semester runs from 1 September to 31 January, while the spring semester runs from 1 February to 15 June.
The admission process for exchange students is carried out twice a year. The application deadlines are:
Spring semester: 15 October
Autumn semester: 15 April
Requirements for exchange students:
- You must be able to read, write and speak English
- You must be enrolled in a higher education degree programme on fine art
- At the start of your time with us, you must have completed at least the first year of your current study programme
- Your current institution has – or is willing to enter into – a bilateral agreement with the Jutland Art Academy. The agreement does not have to be in place when you apply, but it must place before you begin your studies at the Jutland Art Academy.
Applying to be an exchange student with us
You submit your application via an online portal. You must create a user profile to apply. Please note that the details used in this profile is included in your application, so it is important that you provide correct data.
The application must contain:
- A written personal statement (in English or a Scandinavian language), explaining why you wish to study at the Jutland Art Academy
- A nomination from your art academy or university
- A portfolio featuring works from the last year(s)
- You have the option to upload two additional media files
Applications are assessed by the faculty at the Jutland Art Academy. If you have any questions regarding exchange, please contact our study administrator Susanne Brokmann via email@example.com.
Networks and collaborations
The Jutland Art Academy is part of KUNO, a Nordic-Baltic network of art academies. The Academy is also part of the Erasmus+ Charter. Download Erasmus Charter
In addition to this, the Jutland Art Academy has entered into exchange agreements with institutions outside the European area.
Internships for recent graduates
Newly graduated artists from academies outside of Denmark have the opportunity to apply for internships under the auspices of the Erasmus+ programme at the graduate’s own institution. The Jutland Art Academy offers an internship where the intern will work as a teaching assistant in various contexts, including Critique Classes. The intern will be assigned a supervisor as well as a studio place at the academy. The internship is unpaid. All interested parties should submit an application, which must contain a personal statement explaining your reasons for applying, a portfolio and (optionally) any ideas for a workshop or other activities that you would like to carry out during the internship period. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.